Monday, August 11, 2014

Hello dear family!
  So first off, transfer news: I will be staying in Moorpark for a 4th transfer! Crazy huh? So you can continue to send things to this address for the next 6 weeks. This has just officially become the longest I've been in an area. I will continue to be with Sister Evans for the 2nd half of her 12 week training program. It's going to be a great transfer. It surprised me, but I know that it is right. Something Hermana Winn said to me this morning really stuck out to me. After I told her that I would be staying in Moorpark for another transfer she said, "You know what this means, don't you? There is someone super prepared that needs you here." I've been thinking about that a lot. I've been in Moorpark for a long time, and I'll be honest, it surprised me to receive the call that I would be staying here for another 6 weeks. But the song came to my mind this morning, "There's surely somewhere a lowly place in Earth's harvest fields so wide, where I may labor through life's short day for Jesus the Crucified. So trusting my all to they tender care and knowing thou lovest me. I'll do thy will with a heart sincere...I'll go where you want me to go." I know that if I am here, that there is a work that the Lord has for me to do in this place and at this time. I am so excited to see what happens this transfer. I am grateful for the opportunity to continue working with Sister Evans and with this wonderful ward.
  I thoroughly enjoyed your email this morning, Mom. Sounds like you and Dad had a fantastic trip! Thank you for your letter earlier this week. I always love hearing from you when you're so close. It's fun to imagine what you're doing. I enjoyed looking at a map and being within 1.5 inches of each other. ;)  Also, Bethany, thank you so much for the fantastic Happy Birthday package that you sent me! You gave Hermana Winn and Hermana Newman a fright. They came home for dinner and found the package there on the doorstep. They panicked, thinking that it was my birthday and that they had no idea. They then wen through my calendar to try to find my birthday. Then we came home. :) It was really funny. And the package was so fun! I loved it! Thank you. I hope your birthday was wonderful!
  Becca, Nathan, Jana, and Brent, you all gave talks? That sounds wonderful! Thanks for your great example of loving family history. Emma, I am looking forward to that letter of yours with great anticipation. 
  The work is going really well. Church was wonderful yesterday. I enjoyed being there with A. again, and also with A., a woman who the Hermanas have been teaching. Their family is trying out the English ward as apposed to the Spanish branch. They are such a sweet family. We also had a lesson with A. and Sister B. after church about the truth and guidance that we gain from following the prophet, studying the scriptures, and sincere prayer. I love Anita.
  Well, time is at hand! Thank you so much for all of the support and love. You have no idea how often the words you say or the things you send are exactly what I need at the time. You are all wonderful. I love being a member of this family. I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to share my testimony and the things that have become so dear to me. I know that this work is the Lord's work and that His hand is in it all. If we look for them, we can see miracles every day, all over the place. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in my life. I know that He will help us in everything that we stand in need of. We are loved.

Have an amazing week! I love you! (Never hesitate to drop me a line. ;) Let me know how you're all doing.)

Love, Melanie (Sister Hardman)

P.S.-Sorry for a selfish or needy moment, but there's a CD that Sister Cusick had that I've been wanting. Is there anyway that I can have the EFY Believe Hope Endure CD? (*Sheepish smile*)

~Bethany! Your Happy Birthday package was amazing! Thank you! :)



~Balloon party! :) We've had so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment