Monday, February 10, 2014

Dear Loved Ones,
   It's been a great week! I'm continuing to progress. I'm more comfortable talking with people than I have been before, but I still have a long way to go. I still really want to be able to teach and talk more. I'm very afraid, but I'm learning that that fear doesn't matter when you're relying on the Lord. He will help you. He will guide you. He will give you words to say and people that are prepared. I am learning to love this work. It feels so good to serve others.
   We taught a lesson to Sister S. this week. She is wonderful. And it went really well. I felt really good afterwards because I was able to lead more during the lesson. Sister S.was actually my very first real lesson when I came on my mission, and she told me this week that she has seen a ton of progress with me. That I seem more comfortable and natural in my teaching. That made me really happy. It's not always easy to see your own progress, but it's very encouraging to hear from others that you have made some. I know that I've come a long way from the beginning, but it's still not that easy to see.
   M. and G. are doing well. They came to church yesterday. We met with them this week to have a lesson, which went well. They are both reading from the Book of Mormon and recognizing the truth in it. They are going through a really hard time with one of their sons right now, and we're doing our best to help them find the comfort and light and guidance that the gospel offers for all. They also came to a BBQ at our ward mission leader's house (the Krahn's) on Saturday where they were able to get to know a couple member families more and where we shared a message about Heavenly Father's love for us and prayer. The Spirit was very strong, and it was a message that helped lift all of us that were there. Everyone, go watch the "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father" Mormon Message video. I hope it makes you all cry too. ;)
   Also at the BBQ was a man named S., who is living with a member family in our ward. He is so great. He has now come to church 2 weeks in a row and we've had a few lessons with him. He is doing so well. He's reading from the Book of Mormon, he tells us that he recognizes the Spirit in what we've shared, at church, and around members of the church.
   Dad, I taught the Sunday School lesson yesterday in church. I felt like you. :) Love you.
   So the work went really well this week. It was a week of little miracles all over the place. Almost all of our lessons followed through and went well and we were able to find and teach so many people that were interested in listening. We were also able to finally get in contact with several less-active members or families that we have been trying to see since the very beginning. It was a blessed week. And it felt very good to be working hard and see the fruits of it.
   It rained this week! A lot for a couple days. I loved it so much. Haha, one day while we were walking down the street near the Ramona apartments and member drove by and said out his window, "Sisters, you look like drowned cats!" It was really funny. I loved the rain though. It felt very nice and storms always make me feel happy. I think that this area is so beautiful when it's stormy. The way the clouds roll over the mountains is gorgeous.
   Mom, I got your letters and loved them. :) I'm sending you a reply letter today. Thank you so much for lifting me. Love you.
   And to the Greenhalgh's, thank you so much for your Valentine's Day package! It made my day. It made me feel so loved and I'm so happy that you sent it. Thank you for all of your love and support. I love you guys! Happy Birthday this week Owen! I'm sending you a birthday card in the mail.
   Okay...I have a request for anyone who reads this letter. The next time you send me something, try to say something in it that will really make me laugh. I miss laughing more. And I'm a bit sheepish about sharing my "sense of humor" with Sister Cusick. I guess my jokes aren't that funny. I love puns and "steaming buckets". Anyway, I would appreciate things that make me laugh. Emma, well done on the "coon hunt" quote. :)
   So Monday was fun. It was two of the Hermana's birthday and we had a pinata as a District. Also, Sister Cusick and I found a Baskin Robbins! :) We enjoyed a new Thai restaraunt this week as well. Sister Cusick's 20th birthday was on Saturday and we had lots of yummy cake.
   I love you all so much and I love your support! Have a wonderful week. I'm with you all. And you're...all on my wall. :) (And in my heart and prayers always.) I loved hearing about the Borsch party. Enjoy the Olympics! Think of me. And Mom, I can hardly wait for my quilt! Thank you! Remember, transfers are on the 24th I believe, so if that affects what address you use, there you go. :) I can't wait to get your hug, Mom. I hug you every morning when I hang up the robe you gave me. I really do.
   Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Will you all be my Valentine?
Love,
Melanie
(Sister Hardman)

 Valentine's from the Greenhalgh's!

 Mom, I love the apron. :)

Happy 20th Birthday Sister Cusick!

Thai Food!

 Pinata! ~




No comments:

Post a Comment