Monday, March 10, 2014

Hey Family!
   So...this was quite a unique week. Sister Dixon was sick for most of this week, so we were inside the apartment for several days. It was really sad to have to stay in and not go teach or find people, but there were a lot of great things that happened this week. I have learned so much! I did a lot of studying and reading which I've loved. I started reading the Book of Mormon again at the beginning of the year, and a few days ago when Sister Dixon first got sick I had arrived at the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi. I read them all in 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed them. And I only through my hands up in the air in confusion a few times. ;) But I really came to love those chapters. There are so many good things that we can learn from those scriptures and they strengthened my understanding of why missionary work is so important in this plan that Heavenly Father has for us. We need to spread the gospel to all of the world and help all of our brothers and sisters to understand what they need to do and how they can prepare for what is to come. I love the Book of Mormon. Everyone should read it...as often as you can...several times a day if possible. ;)  So one of my favorites was 2 Nephi 12:2 when it talks about the "mountain of the Lord." Another awesome thing we were able to do while Sister Dixon was sick was watch a bunch of our great missionary movies! (And the Hermanas brought us Chickfila and Panda from their areas!!! I was so excited about the Chickfila, I thought I was going to cry! I've missed it so much!) We watched Legacy, The John Tanner Story, The Testaments, and The Mountain of the Lord. I love them all. :) Last night we watched the Mountain of the Lord and I think that movie is the coolest. I really had no idea about all that went into the Salt Lake Temple. I am so grateful for all of those that worked so hard to build it so that we have it now. I love the temple. And that line in the movie when he said that Utah means "top of the mountains". That made me smile. It also made me smile when I looked behind their scene of them building the temple and I could recognize Timpanogos in the background. I got excited. (Was that filmed in Lehi?) So yeah, lots of good movies and studying and practicing and talking this week. Unfortunately not a lot of teaching and actual out on the street missionary work. We had a few lessons earlier this week that went pretty well. M. and G. are doing well, and so is S. We've moved all of those baptismal dates back a few weeks, but they're all doing great. I love them all so much and they make me so excited to teach what I know. I am loving being a missionary. I'm becoming so much more confident in my teaching and in talking to people. Ah! I'm changing so much. I love it.
   Another great part of my week?...Lisa and Alan! You are the best! "A WEEK of packages!" Is the best idea ever. I have stayed true and honest and have held myself back, only opening one package a day like a good patient girl. But it is making me so happy! I love every single note and gift. Thank you so much. The granola made a delicious breakfast and the jelly-beans are almost gone. Thanks for making me smile so much. Today I get to open Day #5 as soon as I get back. :) I'm excited. You're the best.
   Thank you everyone for your emails and letters this week! You all make me smile. Thanks for telling me about your week. Mike! You crazy boy, be careful! But I'm proud of you for working so hard. Write me soon, Bud. Thanks for telling me about everyone's week, Mom. I love hearing about your trips, your parties, and your crazy weeks. Happy Birthday James! I thought of you. You're on my Calendar. I'm so excited for those letters and packages that you said were coming. I truly love you all and hope you're doing awesome. By the way Mom, I've been using lots of On Guard, Vitamins, and Emergen-C this week...I'm scared of getting this sickness. But I thought, "What would Mom have me do?" You're all with me, always. :) I love you!
Love, 
Melanie
(Sister Hardman)




Look at this!!! Chick-fil-a! The Hermanas brought us this from their area this week!
Oh I missed this sooooo much. :)

Panda Express and The Testaments. "You are a fool." 
Another wonderful meal from the Hermanans while we were in this week.

Presenting: A WEEK of packages! By Lisa and Alan. Day #1 :)

Week of packages Day #2! :)

Week of packages Day #3! :)

Week of packages Day #4! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment