Monday, March 31, 2014

Family!
   First of all: Welcome Baby Henry!!! You are adorable and I love you! Congrats Jana and Brent! You're both awesome. And yes, Henry is quite the charmer. I can't wait to meet him. And I'm super excited to read the story you sent, Jana. I printed it and I'll enjoy that over lunch today. I hope the delivery all went well and also the birthday party. Tell Baby Henry that I say welcome to the best family ever. Our family is the best. I love you all so much!
   Mom, did you love the General Women's Broadcast? I know I did. I cried most of the time. And Mom, they asked us to turn and to smile at our moms. I'm sending a smile your way. I love you. Thank you for all that you have done to help me in my life and for how you've taught me and helped guide me on my path. Dad, thank you for all you've done to raise me as well. Thank you for your wonderful email today and for your testimony and encouragement. Everyone, your support makes such a big difference in my mission. Every bit of support and love and every prayer. I am so grateful and I always will be. Our family is amazing and I am so proud to be a part of it. I'm excited to spend the rest of forever with you all. :)
   So guess what? This is the last week of my 3rd transfer! Crazy huh? And...I have no idea what is going to happen next week, I've been here in Newbury Park for 4 months. I may stay for one more transfer...or I may be leaving next week. I kind of feel like I'm leaving to another area. But who knows. Any guesses? I'll let you know in a week when I find out. But to be on the safe side, please send mail through the mission office address this week.
   So S. got baptized on Saturday morning! It was a wonderful service. The Spirit was so strong and we could see how much he felt it. He asked me to play the piano at his baptism. It was special. I love playing the piano, and it made me happy to be a part of that special day. He's doing awesome. A few hours after his baptism he called us because he was at lunch with some friends that wanted to ask us about the church! Look at him being a missionary! We went and met them and had an awesome lesson, where he was suddenly the member present.
   I felt my 2nd earthquake this week! Crazy! 2 in one month. I must be in California. This one was a 5.1 I believe, but I don't know where the epicenter was. It felt smaller to us than the last one did. Our combined lesson in church yesterday was all about emergency preparedness. It made me laugh a bit. It's been really cool to feel the earthquakes.
   Are you all getting so excited for General Conference?!?!? I can't wait! I am SO excited. I love it so much, and it's pretty cool to get to watch it here at the church surrounded by other missionaries in our zone. Oh! I forgot to mention this last week. Elder Russell M. Nelson is coming to our mission to speak to us on April 19th! We're so excited!
   Sorry that my letter was so short today. I'm excited to see what this week brings. We're going on a hike as a District today. It will be great. By the way...I love you!
Have a fantastic week!
Love, 
Melanie (Sister Hardman)

Sam’s Baptism on Saturday. J


Pruning roses and doing yardwork. J

No comments:

Post a Comment